Since 2012, Wisma Jerman is representing the German-Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (EKONID) in Surabaya.
On behalf of EKONID, the economic section in Wisma Jerman serves as the representation of German economic interests in East Java. The economic division aims to connect German and local companies, as well as to carry out all services of EKONID in East Java, which among others includes initiating social- and networking events, providing active support for German companies in East Java and organizing German business delegations to the region. As a manifestation of EKONID, Wisma Jerman builds up a network of political and economic actors in order to encourage trade and investment activities in East Java. The unique cooperation between EKONID, the Goethe-Institut Jakarta and the German Embassy enables highly diverse networking events with representatives from each field. German companies can be included directly into the work of Wisma Jerman. Moreover it supports the integration of German companies into the local economy by promoting German language and culture in East Java.
What We Do:
- Building and fostering a local network of members and strategic partners
- Disseminating information about Germany as a trade or investment partner
- Creating and developing networks of political and economic contacts to promote
trade and investment within the region
- Gathering, analyzing and providing market information about East Java and
- Offering direct support to German companies aiming to do business in the region
- Organizing networking events like regular business gatherings
- Coordinating Seminars and workshops
- Implementing economic promotion events in East Java such as delegation visits or
trade fair support
- Strengthening the cooperation between German and Indonesian institutions in
educational, cultural and economic affairs